- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 12 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 7 Baths
Welcome to the part of Tuscany you didn't know existed. Tre Querce lies just below Medieval Capalbio among the Tuscan hills where they soften into a long sandy arc of beach where Tuscany meets the sea. Enjoy a broad view of unspoiled countryside with grape- and olive-growing farms. Live a glorious combination of salty sea air, good food, local wines, easy day-trips - a list long enough to fill each day anew.
Tre Querce is your oasis and refuge - full with light, air, beauty and the quiet peace of countryside.
Walk the ramparts of Capalbio, shop the galleries, dine with local artists & glitterati of Rome.
The staff, serene & service-oriented with every detail considered lets you step fully, immediately into vacation mode
An easy 2 hour drive from Rome Airport and easy to combine with a short-break-stay in Rome.
How to Spend Your Time
- Day charters to enjoy the pristine waters of the Argentario, Giglio and Giannutri - for swimming and snorkeling with a simple on-board picnic for lunch - are idyllic.
- For a true Italian experience, spend some days at a beach club. Two of the best are nearby; ‘La Dogana’ with the excellent Vino e Rosso restaurant next door, and ‘Ultima Spiaggia’, where lunch can be brought to your umbrella-shaded lounger on the sand.
- The exceptional outdoor sculpture garden by Niki de Saint-Phalle, I Giardini dei Tarrocchi, is down the street. The most magical destination for children of all ages in Tuscany. A particular favorite of ours.
- Shop and dine and stroll the harbor towns of Porto Santo Stefano, Porto Ercole and Orbetello. There are weekly markets, options for gelato, enoteche, chic boutiques and people watching from outdoor cafes, a refreshing spritz in hand.
- Head inland for cultural day-trips across unspoiled countryside; Etruscan Tarquinia and Tuscania. The Renaissance garden of Villa Lante and Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola. The Scala Regia - a spiral staircase of stone built so Cardinal Alessandro Farnese could reach his bedroom on horseback.
- Sovana, Sorano and Pitigliano are all worth the drive through unspoiled countryside. These are historic destinations - Etruscan, Romanesque, Medieval. Pitigliano has had a Jewish community since the 16th century and produces a good white wine.
- The natural hot springs of the Terme di Saturnia make for an exceptional day in the Roman tradition of therapeutic baths and relaxation. Especially pleasant in spring and fall.
- Capalbio (winery,shopping, beach clubs, restaurants, train) 15 minutes
- Ansedonia, Orbetello (bike rentals, beach clubs, restaurants, train) 20 minutes
- Porto Ercole, Porto Santo Stefano, Cala Galera (boat charters, ferries, golf, markets) 25 minutes
- Tuscania, Tarquinia, Scansano (wineries) 40-50 minutes
- Grosseto (hot springs, golf) 45 kms
- Pitigliano, Sorano, Sovrana, Viterbo, Terme di Saturnia (thermal baths) 1 hour
- Rome (Centro, airport), Siena, Montalcino 1.5 hours
- Florence (historic center, airport), Pisa (historic center, airport) 2.25-2.5 hours