- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 12 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 7 Baths
Welcome to the part of Tuscany you didn't know existed. Tre Querce lies just below Medieval Capalbio where the the Tuscan hills soften into a long sandy arc of beach and join the sea. Enjoy a broad view of unspoiled countryside with grape and olive growing farms. Savor the glorious salty, sea air while you enjoy good food, local wines and easy day-trips. The list is long enough to fill your days.
Tre Querce is your countryside oasis and refuge - filled with light, air, beauty and quiet peace.
Walk the ramparts of Capalbio, shop the galleries, dine with local artists & glitterati of Rome.
The serene, service-oriented staff considers every detail allowing you to immediately step into vacation mode.
An easy 2 hour drive from Rome Airport and perfect to combine with a short stay in Rome.
How to Spend Your Time
- Day charters to enjoy the pristine waters of the Argentario, Giglio and Giannutri - for swimming and snorkeling with a simple on-board picnic for lunch - are idyllic.
- For a true Italian experience, spend some days at a beach club. Two of the best are nearby; ‘La Dogana’ with the excellent Vino e Rosso restaurant next door, and ‘Ultima Spiaggia’, where lunch can be brought to your umbrella-shaded lounger on the sand.
- The exceptional outdoor sculpture garden by Niki de Saint-Phalle, I Giardini dei Tarrocchi, is down the street. The most magical destination for children of all ages in Tuscany. A particular favorite of ours.
- Shop, dine and stroll the harbor towns of Porto Santo Stefano, Porto Ercole and Orbetello. There are weekly markets, options for gelato, enoteche, chic boutiques and people watching from outdoor cafes, a refreshing spritz in hand.
- Head inland for cultural day-trips across unspoiled countryside; Etruscan Tarquinia and Tuscania. The Renaissance garden of Villa Lante and Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola. The Scala Regia - a spiral staircase of stone built so Cardinal Alessandro Farnese could reach his bedroom on horseback.
- Sovana, Sorano and Pitigliano are all worth the drive through unspoiled countryside. These are historic destinations - Etruscan, Romanesque, Medieval. Pitigliano has had a Jewish community since the 16th century and produces a good white wine.
- The natural hot springs of the Terme di Saturnia make for an exceptional day in the Roman tradition of therapeutic baths and relaxation. Especially pleasant in spring and fall.
- Capalbio (winery,shopping, beach clubs, restaurants, train) 15 minutes
- Ansedonia, Orbetello (bike rentals, beach clubs, restaurants, train) 20 minutes
- Porto Ercole, Porto Santo Stefano, Cala Galera (boat charters, ferries, golf, markets) 25 minutes
- Tuscania, Tarquinia, Scansano (wineries) 40-50 minutes
- Grosseto (hot springs, golf) 45 kms
- Pitigliano, Sorano, Sovrana, Viterbo, Terme di Saturnia (thermal baths) 1 hour
- Rome (Centro, airport), Siena, Montalcino 1.5 hours
- Florence (historic center, airport), Pisa (historic center, airport) 2.25-2.5 hours