- Val d'Orcia, Tuscany |
- 8 Guests |
- 4 Bedrooms |
- 5 Baths
Villa Palazzetta offers you all the keys to a successful Villa Vacation starting with the 7-minute walk to Montalcino. Spectacular view of Val d'Orcia east to south. A refined contemporary home superb in every detail of design, decor and amenity. Semipro kitchen for your own hands-on enjoyment or watching and learning, wine glass in hand. English-speaking house manager provides daily assistance. A true gem.
You can walk to Montalcino in 7 minutes, shop and dine out whenever you like.
Go for full immersion in Brunello; from visits with little-known winemakers to neighboring Poggio Antico.
Let time unfold according to your energies and desires. Your House Manager is there to facilitate with a smile.
The ultimate location for touring & tasting; hike to gorgeous Sant'Antimo, taste cheese in Pienza.
How to Spend Your Time
- The focus of your stay will no doubt be Montalcino. You can reach it on foot whenever you like for all the activities you can imagine in your local town; having a coffee, checking out something in a store window, finally having lunch in that enoteca, trying and tasting as you go.
- There are some 250 Brunello wineries within a 30/45 minute drive of Villa Palazzetta. You can get deep into the details of the barriques or simply sip your way here and there. Let us know your interest and we will recommend from there.
- Your panoramic view of the Val d'Orcia means this UNESCO Heritage site will for sure fill some days; Pecorino in Pienza, walking downhill along the ruined mills of Bagno Vignoni before a modern spa experience at the neighboring Adler, or a truffle-hunt in the Crete.
- A favorite hike from here is to Sant'Antimo in the company of your delightful House Manager Lisa Jane. Make sure you include a picnic or stop for lunch along the way, stretch the day out as long as possible.
- Siena with Antonella is a must but book early to be sure you can get the date you want. Get to know the Palio from an insider's point of view, whether the horse race is running or not. Come into the 21st century with her art tour.
- Drive the 'ridge road' across to Montepulciano and arrive in time for lunch and some tastings of Vino Nobile. Stop by Brunate's Chiesa di San Biagio or just admire it from your lunch table at La Grotta.
- Montalcino (enoteche, restaurants, ATM, shops) 7 minutes walk
- Poggio Antico 8 minutes
- Sant'Antimo, Castello Banfi 13 minutes
- Castiglion del Bosco (golf, wine), Buonconvento, San Quirico d'Orcia, San Giovanni d'Asso 20 minutes
- Pienza, Montisi 25 minutes
- Siena, Chiusi (train) 55 minutes
- Castiglione della Pescaia (beaches) 1.25 hours
- San Gimignano 1.5 hours
- Florence (airport) 2 hours
- Rome (airport) 2.5 hours