- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 8 Guests |
- 4 Bedrooms |
- 4 Baths
Le Cannelle is the ultimate in indoor/outdoor living along the rugged coastline of Tuscany's Monte Argentario. All sea and sky with views of Giannutri, Le Cannelle is a place for those who love beauty, nature and simplicity. Idyllic for two, this home works well for a close-knit, sporty group of up to 8. Bring a sense of adventure and an appreciation for the wild and unspoiled.
Spend all day enjoying the view & private waterfront, the pristine sea is just below your terrace.
Make friends at the communal pool and beach club - beehives of social activity in season.
Head to town for a passegiata, complete with gelato and/or Prosecco. Get back to enjoy dramatic sunsets with private sunset.
Private boat charters give you a chance to explore Giannutri and Giglio, snorkeling as you like and picnic on board.
How to Spend Your Time
- If for some reason your own private seaside below the house is not enough, explore all the variations on a Beach Club - from the compact Spiaggia Le Cannelle with the excellent Cafe del Mare for lunch, to Mar Morto and AquaDolce or de la Vista by Porto Ercole.
- Nearby are the lively chic port-side towns of Porto Ercole and Porto Santo Stefano with shops and restaurants, bars and gelaterie. Public ferries run from Porto Santo Stefano to Giglio -- definitely worth a day. Taxis, eBike rentals and motor scooters can be rented once there.
- Private day charters to explore on your own timetable -- simply enjoying the pristine delights of the Tuscan Archipelago - are a signature experience. Have lunch on board, snorkel when you want. Excursions for scuba diving or fishing can be arranged.
- eBikes make the entire Argentario accessible and keep you active and outdoors in the process. We can arrange for delivery and collection to the house so you have them to enjoy throughout your stay.
- The Maremma is full of interesting and diverse activities for children. Most compelling is I Giardini dei Tarocchi, an outdoor sculpture museum. Pair this with lunch in Capalbio and a chance to walk the ramparts with a 360-degree view of the surrounding countryside and the sea.
- The Argentario Golf Club and Resort offers a 18-hole course with pros available to assist you in improving your game. The view to the lagoon animates a day on the greens.
- This area is rich with the ruins of the Etruscans, many of them little more than a signpost and a heap of grass-obscured stone. You will need an imagination - or we can provide a good guide - to help you grasp the exceptional sophistication of this elusive ancient culture.
- Le Cannelle (pool; beach club, bar and restaurant; gated community entrance) 15 minute walk, 5 minute eBike, 2 minute drive
- Communal tennis courts 5 minute drive
- Mar Morto 20 minute eBike
- Porto Santo Stefano (ferries, boat rentals, markets, shops, restaurants) 24 minutes
- Porto Ercole (restaurants, shops, scuba diving, beach clubs) 25-35 minute drive
- Rome Airport 1.75 hours
- Capalbio (hill town, restaurants, shopping, attractions, beach clubs) 45 minutes
- La Feniglia (beach clubs) 35 minutes
- Cala Galera (private boat charters) 40 minutes