- Near Como, Lake Como |
- 12 - 28 Guests |
- 14 Bedrooms |
- 16 Baths
Lake Como has always been about a lush retreat from life and this is certainly true of Villa Balbiano. The signature style of these European owners have now brought the rich interiors of Jacques Garcia to the Lake, resetting the marketplace with the deft and deep revisioning of the historic Villa Balbiano. It is an immersion in the history and art, space and light, nature and drama of the entire Lake Como experience.
Step into a refined world of exceptional quality, expansive spaces, gracious discreet service.
Sink into the lush beauty surrounding you; villa & garden, lake & mountains. Your own private refuge.
A Venetian Taxi at your disposal is essential to an experience of the Lake, the freedom of moving as you please.
A year-round destination well-positioned for exploring from the Tremezzina to the culture of Como.
How to Spend Your Time
- We encourage guests to allow plenty of time for immersing themselves in the beauty of Villa Balbiano. There is fun and relaxation to be had right 'at home.' As a courtesy to Homebase Abroad guests, enjoy a two-hour guided tour of the villa by a licensed guide.
- Private boat charters are a must for a Lake Como holiday. We will arrange 24/7 service of a skippered Venetian Taxi so you can come and go as you please.
- Choose among two superb golf courses at Menaggio and Villa d'Este - or play them both.
- A Lake Como holiday is for appreciating and experiencing nature. The surrounding mountains offer nearly endless days of walking with every shifting views of mountains and Lake. Guided hikes and self-directed days can both be arranged. Canyoning right from Lenno is great way to play for the young at heart.
- Enjoy sophisticated days or nights in Milan. Private guides and personal shoppers can be arranged on request in response to your interests and preferences. A Night at La Scala - with dinner and theatre including a private driver - makes for a really memorable evening.
- Private concerts in the double-height 'galleria' will amplify your sense of the high cultural values Cardinal Durini promoted during his time on the Lake. Reading and contemplation of sky and water and mountain peak are suitable activities after a long, satisfying lunch. The point is that you are away and experiencing something new and different.
- The Lake Como Greenway passes the entrance gate of Villa Balbiano and enables you to get out for a morning run or post-lunch passegiata along the Lake. Village life of Lake Como comes alive when you are on foot and the Greenway is one of Villa Balbiano's simplest and most accessible pleasures.
- Ossuccio (Lake Como Greenway, pharmacy, etc.) 5 minutes
- Tremezzo 10 minutes
- Cernobbio 30 minutes
- Milan (historic center) 40 minutes
- Bellagio, Como 40 minutes
- Varenna 45 minutes
- Milan (Malpensa) 1 hour
- Lugano 1 hour
- Milan (Linate) 1.25 hours