Via degli Orti
- Near Trastevere, Rome |
- 6 Guests |
- 3 Bedrooms |
- 3 Baths
Via degli Orti is stylish and fresh and fun. You are living in the city as a local, walking or biking wherever in vibrant Trastevere for dining, shopping, exploring and enjoying. Head over Ponte Sisto to Campo dei Fiori. Nearby under-the-radar gems - Galleria Corsini, Orto Botanico, Gianicolo park. Rest and refresh in the cool chic of this Roman home, your private sanctuary, an aerie of tranquility.
You can take advantage of Rome's three-season climate enjoying the expansive terrace for dining and lounging.
You will hear more Italian than English on the streets and in the neighborhood shops.
A walk across Ponte Sisto puts you 5 minutes to Campo dei Fiori, Antico Forno. Remember your rolling cart.
All the key amenities are here; AC, new ensuite bathrooms, a fabulous kitchen, laundry, bikes.
How to Spend Your Time
- Campo dei Fiori is the last remaining outdoor market in Rome. Still selling fruits and vegetables plus you can head to Antico Forno, pick up fresh flowers and some hand-rolled orrecchiette as well.
- Your neighborhood is Trastevere - centered on the Piazza di Santa Maria. Try all the cafes that ring the piazza until you find the one that suits you, watch life swirl and eddy around you. Visit the church often, if only for it's truly exceptional mosaic. Spoiler alert; there might be other tourists there.
- Grab those bikes and brave the streets. You can go over Ponte Sisto and down the length of the gorgeous and romantic (in spite of the Tribunale security guards) Via Giulia. Tack back along via dei Banchi Vecchi and Via di Monserrato for nonstop fabulous boutiques, galleries, shops and charm.
- Devote every Sunday afternoon to a passegiata on the Gianicolo; stroll, really, stroll, arm-in-arm. Blend in as best you can. Walk there if you like -- you will work off some portion of a plate of pasta on the steps. Sunset is generally gorgeous. The Orto Botanico is another local overlooked gem for a walk, no stairs to climb.
- Galleria Corsini, Orto Botanico, Campo dei Fiori, Santa Maria in Trastevere, John Cabot University 5 minutes walk
- Vatican, Piazza Navona, Campo dei Fiori, Campo Sant'Angelo 10 minutes walk
- Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps 20 minutes walk