- Near Siena, Tuscany |
- 12 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 6.5 Baths
La Francigena achieves a rare, perfect balance of style and substance and is designed for independent-minded guests. Enjoy a central location near a charming village, idyllic pastoral views all around, sprawling furnished exterior spaces, modern cook's kitchen, all ensuite double bedrooms, eco-friendly climate controls. All of this comes together in a home with great character and relaxed elegance. A superb value.
The location is central to many favorite hilltowns; Montisi, Pienza, San Quirico, Monticchiello, Montalcino, Siena.
The cook's kitchen is a dream - a place to share in the preparation of a true Italian feast.
Hunting lodge architecture with high-ceilinged spacious rooms and the casual elegance of a fine contemporary home.
The discreet on-site staff will ensure you can relax and enjoy. Alessandra cooks on request.
How to Spend Your Time
- Start by getting to know nearby Buonconvento, the old town where you will do your shopping at markets or small stores, have a meal and generally discover the rhythm and ways of local village life in Tuscany.
- An easy day trip can include viewing the frescoes at Monte Oliveto Maggiore, much more than they appear to be in the company of our extraordinary guide Antonella. Add a walk through the mystical Bosco del Ragnaia after lunch at Osteria della Crete, the heart of local truffle activity.
- A morning in Montepulciano, an attractive town typical of the Renaissance period that occupies a picturesque setting on the top of a tufa hill and is encircled by walls and fortifications designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Elder. It is a stunningly charming town, full of vistas, odd squares and corners, and endowed with dozens of Renaissance palazzi and churches.
- Zip into Siena for a day & have a private guided tour of the town with a focus on the history of the world famous "Palio", the bareback horse race which takes place in the Campo twice a year.
- Take Brunello, undisputedly one of the most important wines of the world, and add Roberto's infectious passion for winemaking. These were the two ingredients inspiring Roberto to take over a wine estate in Montalcino and turn a good wine into a great one. Your visit will begin with tour followed by a traditional three course Tuscan lunch, each paired with a Brunello.
- Need a city fix? Enjoy a half day with your personal shopper, Lucia ... a native Florentine. She has first hand knowledge of many of Florence shops where the locals go. Jewelry - gold & costume; Leather goods - handbags & gloves; bath & perfumes; as well as scarves & stockings; items for teens & more can be sourced.
- Buonconvento (shops restaurants, markets, train to Siena and Florence), Monte Oliveto di Maggiore (restaurant, museum) 10 minutes
- Montalcino, Castiglion del Bosco (Tom Weiskopf golf course), Asciano, San Quirico d'Orcia 20-25 minutes
- San Giovanni d'Asso, Montisi, Pienza 30 minutes
- Siena, Monteriggioni, La Foce, Locanda dell'Amorosa 45 minutes
- Montepulciano, Castellina in Chianti 1 hour
- Florence (airport, historic center) 1.5 hours
- Rome (airport) 2.5 hours