- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 12 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 7 Baths
On a gorgeous summer day you will sit for breakfast under the shade of the Dining Pergola, enjoying a light breeze and dining on fresh fruit from the garden while you consider your day. Beach or pool? Boating to pristine coves or hiking the rugged hills behind the house? Exploring Capalbio or strolling Porto Ercole's harbor? Disco night by the pool? To gym or not to gym? These are the questions.
The positively distracting view, a breathtaking sweep of Tuscany encompassing Feniglia's beach, Orbetello's lagoon.
An excellent local cook ensures you will be relaxed and happy from fresh pastry to BBQ dinner.
Tour medieval villages, take private boat charters to unspoiled island coves, take an evening stroll by the ocean.
Flexible layout accommodates multiple configurations and all ages are welcome.
How to Spend Your Time
- Head to the mainland and spend a day at L'Ultima Spiaggia or La Dogana, the chic local beach clubs with excellent onsite restaurants and all service. Or stay close by at Feniglia. The owners prefer 'Braccio', very relaxed and family friendly.
- I Giardini dei Tarocchi is one of our favorite destinations for children of all ages. This sculpture park on the theme of the Tarot includes huge mosaic figures you can climb on, run through and otherwise engage with. Add lunch in nearby Capalbio afterward, making sure to walk all the way to the top of the village and up the narrow stairs to the ramparts. The 360 degree view is breathtaking.
- A private boat charter lets you explore the Tuscan Archipelago - particularly the nearby islands of Giannutri and Giglio. Swim pristine coves, dine by the water's edge and wander sleepy seaside villages. Optional ferry service leaves from Porto Santo Stefano.
- Head out on a private scuba expedition or a group trip of discovery to the coral reefs and underwater life surrounding the Argentario.
- Share an evening passegiata with local families along the harbor in Porto Ercole or in the charming historic center of Orbetello.
- Play golf at the excellent Argentario Golf Club where private coaching with the pro is available.
- Ride out with the famous 'butteri' of Maremma, Tuscan cowboys working in the Ucellina park. For those not comfortable in a saddle all day, stunning nature hikes are an easy option here as well.
- Porto Ercole (restaurants, all shopping and services, boat charters, scuba diving excursions, Il Pellicano) 7-10 minutes
- Cala Galera (Marina access to boat charters), La Feniglia (beach clubs) 10 minutes
- Argentario Golf Resort, Argentario Polo Club (spa, golf) 15-20 minutes
- Porto Santo Stefano (fish market, ferries to Giglio and Giannutri, restaurants, dining), Orbetello 20 minutes
- Capalbio, I Giardino dei Tarrocchi (restaurants, shops, concerts, outdoor museum) 30 minutes
- Ultima Spiaggia, La Dogana (beach clubs), Alberese (hiking, horseback riding), Talamone (fishing expeditions) 35 minutes
- Orbetello (restaurants, markets, shopping) 35-45 minutes
- Scansano (wineries), Saturnia (thermal spas) 60 minutes
- Rome (airport) 1.5 hours to airport
- Rome (historic center) 2 hours by car or train
- Pisa (airport) 2.5 hours