- Near Siena, Tuscany |
- 8 Guests |
- 4 Bedrooms |
- 4.5 Baths
Casale Pieve is sophisticated and refined, perfect for a relaxed vacation in a spectacular setting. Charming Castelmuzio is a short walk away for dining, a concert, food shopping. Here you can live locally with your feet firmly planted on ancient soil yet surrounded by modern luxuries of great style. Ideal in spring and fall. A place of peace, history and exceptional beauty - in and out of the house.
Your private spa frames a panorama - Sant'Anna di Caprena, Pienza & Monte Amiata. Come to recharge, sleep, breathe.
Unspoiled setting with meandering drives to charming hilltowns, wineries, abbeys, farms
Spectacular sunrises and sunsets with expansive views of the Crete Senesi all around, Ideal for walkers and riders.
Take a deep dive into the local culture of food and wine curated and introduced by locals
How to Spend Your Time
- Your first days can be full of local exploration; walk to your neighboring village of Castelmuzio for a morning coffee, head down the road to a rise in the hill of the surrounding olive groves to a panoramic scene of unspoiled countryside, particularly at sunset.
- Wine, wine and more wine if you like. We can advise on self-directed meanders through the countryside, sampling as you go. And introduce you to the small private producers no one else knows about for an intimate experience with a winemaker. Your interests and preferences will guide our recommendations and assistance.
- Some of our favorite villages and points of interest are within a 10-40 minute drive; Montisi and San Giovanni d'Asso, Pienza and Buonconvento, Montalcino and Montepulciano.
- Truffle hunts, best in early spring and later fall, are ideal from Casale Pieve as you can set off right from Montisi to some of the richest natural truffle-growing countryside in Tuscany.
- Pienza can be a daily destination. The number of cheese shops is hard to count, the varieties of salami essentially endless. There are several good restaurants to try, some of our favorite boutiques for leather goods, local handmade toiletries and chic international fashions.
- Siena is best discovered in the company of the incomparable Antonella. Consider three visits arcing through a week-long stay-- building on your understanding and appreciation of this great city. From the Duomo and Campanile, to the Palio, to hidden art collections.
- Hot-air Balloons are a familiar site on a still early morning. And the launch-site is nearby so the early-morning start is more manageable. Tick off another ‘bucket list’ item?
- Azienda Agricola Biologica 'La Pieve' (organic farm with honey and jams) Immediately adjacent
- Castelmuzio (food shop, restaurant, bar, ATM, concert series) 15 minute walk, 1 km
- Pienza, Montisi, San Giovanni d'Asso (train station) 10-15 minutes
- San Quirico d'Orcia, Bagno Vignoni, Rocca d'Orcia, Castiglion d'Orcia, Monticchiello 20 minutes
- Montepulciano, Montalcino, Arezzo, Buonconvento 30 minutes
- Siena, Monte Oliveto di Maggiore 40 minutes
- Cortona, Citta della Pieve 50-60 minutes
- Florence (airport, historic center) 1.5 hours
- Rome (airport, historic center) 2.5 hours