- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 12 - 16 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 6.5 Baths
Tombolino stands in the dappled sunlight under a tall pine-woods canopy that marks the dune edge of Alta Maremma's long sandy beach. This is an unspoiled, family-friendly and accessible corner of Tuscany. A playground for Italians and other mostly European vacationers who appreciate the unbroken sand beaches, flat terrain and easy-going outdoor living that can be enjoyed here June through September.
Enjoy a meandering trail through pine woods and low dunes to the beach. Lounge by the large pool. You choose.
Walk the beach, ride a bike, stroll the street to Marina di Bibbona, a lively town in summer.
Prized Super Tuscan vineyards - including Antinori and Sassicaia - cover the neighboring countryside.
Have an aperitivo alfresco while the children play. Seamless indoor/outdoor living.
How to Spend Your Time
- The Alta Maremma is situated along the Tuscan Coast south of Pisa and Lucca, two centers of history, art and culture. We offer both guided visits to these historic centers as well as excursions that can be done by mixed-age groups on bicycle.
- For those already familiar with the Super Tuscans, Tombolino makes an ideal base for deepening your knowledge of these exceptional wines. We highly recommend enjoying the company of a trained sommelier for an evening at home or a private guided winery tour.
- The Etruscan Coast offers some 90 kms of sand beach and a range of options for outdoor fun. Windsurfing, kite-surfing and SUP rentals are available.
- The Maremma is rich with local culinary traditions being restored and enhanced through the influence of the Slow Food movement, which was founded in Italy. Seafood is the basis of the local cuisine and there are weekly markets to explore with a cook who can then work with you to a tasting menu at Tombolino.
- The Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago is one of Italy's great opera festivals, running in July & August. Closer to home, head out for an evening of summer fun Italian style at the local clubs of Marina di Bibbona.
- Tombolino is very well suited to families who want a vacation that includes plenty of relaxing fun outside for children of all ages. The local village of Marina di Bibbona is host to the well-known La Pineta seafood restaurant as well as a full complement of shops and casual dining options.
- The Costa degli Etruschi extends from Livorno to Pisa and is known for its wealth of Etruscan ruins. Many are humble grass-covered knolls. Some are more evident. A guided tour of Etruscan settlements is highly recommended and works for all ages.
- Marina di Bibbona (shops, markets, restaurants, playground, tennis) 5 minutes on foot or bike
- Bolgheri (town center with enoteche, restaurants; train); Donoratico (restaurants, bike rental, supermarkets) 10-15 minutes
- Castagneto Carducci, San Vicenzo 25 minutes
- Populonia Alta, Piombino (ferry to Elba) 40 minutes
- Volterra, Pisa (airport), Lucca, Tirrena/Punta Ala (golf), Massa Marittima 50-60 minutes
- Florence (including airport), San Gimignano 1.5 hours
- Rome 3 hours