- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 10 - 14 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 6 Baths
La Civetta is bright with the gallerist owners' distinctive eye for interiors, helping you feel relaxed and at home as soon as you arrive. Every room has been designed for both the delight of the eye and the practical considerations of families and friends on vacation in the Tuscan countryside. The onsite pool and tennis court are complemented with private beach access - the best of all worlds for a summer holiday.
Your gracious cook Cristina prepares the freshest food with great care and the consummate skill of a Tuscan.
Nearby Bolgheri is the lure for wine enthusiasts, connoisseurs and collectors alike.
Enjoy private access to a sandy beach with cabana & a picnic prepared by the cook. A great luxury on the Coast.
Castagneto Carducci for gelato, shopping and village life or Sassetta for natural hot springs.
How to Spend Your Time
- Castagneto Carducci is the nearby town, a charming Medieval hilltop and yet full of modern life. The main pedestrian street includes an outpost of an excellent local olive oil farm, a talented tailor making bespoke jackets and a very good gelateria plus several family-style restaurants.
- For those already familiar with the Super Tuscans, La Civetta makes an ideal base for deepening your knowledge of these exceptional wines. We highly recommend enjoying the company of a trained sommelier for an evening at home or a private guided winery tour. Bolgheri is nearby with multiple restaurant, enoteche and winery options.
- The Maremma is rich with local culinary traditions being restored and enhanced through the influence of the Slow Food movement, which was founded in Italy. Seafood is the basis of the local cuisine and there are weekly markets to explore with a cook who can then work with you to a tasting menu at La Civetta.
- La Civetta is very well suited to families who want a vacation that includes plenty of relaxing fun outside for children of all ages. The seaside village of Marina di Bibbona is host to the well-known La Pineta seafood restaurant as well as a full complement of shops and is specially lively in the summer with late-night disco action for the younger set.
- Include an afternoon passeggiata with the Italian throngs along the seaside in San Vincenzo is a classic summertime ritual. Stop for your hour of aperitivo enjoying a tall glass of chilled Prosecco and let the children indulge in pre-dinner gelato (from Petra, the best). Baratti is famous with surfers.
- Head to the ruins high above the sea at Populonia, stopping into the small museum and climbing up to the tower - the view is 360 and worth the narrow steep stairs. Gorgeous afternoon light makes for magazine worthy photos.
- Enjoy a day out on the high seas via ferry from Piombino to Elba running regularly and can take cars as well. Reservations required in high season.
- Castagneto di Carducci (shops, restaurants, service) 7 minutes
- Donoratico (supermarket, restaurants, bike rental, wine store, train) 12 minutes
- Bolgheri (restaurants, wineries, enoteche), San Vincenzo (beach), Marina di Bibbona (restaurants, beach) 20 minutes
- Volterra, Piombino (ferry to Elba) 40 minutes
- San Gimignano, Pisa (historic center, airport), Massa Maritima 50 minutes
- Punta Ala (beaches), Castiglione della Pescaia 60 minutes
- Florence (historic center, airport) 1.5 hours