- Sorrento, Amalfi and Environs |
- 12 - 20 Guests |
- 10 Bedrooms |
- 11 Baths
Compromising is not required at the 'new' Villa Astor. It is all here - the views, setting, amenities and activities that have made the Amalfi Coast one of Italy's iconic vacation destinations. The illustrious history of Villa Astor is now brilliantly showcased in an utterly luxurious, sophisticated home. The openhearted hospitality of the staff will further distinguish your experience of this fine private estate.
Let your spirit soar with the ever-changing beauty of Vesuvius and her sea at dawn, dusk or midnight.
Enjoy the quiet sun-dappled garden pool or a cooling dip in the sea-freshened private grotto.
Grazia, with her unassuming quiet manner, will turn out local pasta and fish specialties for your terrace lunch.
The Roof Terrace is a guaranteed show-stopper for yoga at dawn or champagne under the stars.
How to Spend Your Time
- Head down to the beaches of Marina Grande for a traditional lunch and some beach time. Wander into Sorrento as you like for coffee and shopping.
- Private boat charters directly from Villa Astor are the best way to explore Capri for swimming in quiet coves and enjoying lunch at our favorite Fontelina. Hike Monte Solaro if you like, or the easy panoramic trail of Via Krupp.
- Your skipper can take you to discover under appreciated Ischia with its many beaches, handsome yacht-filled marinas and seaside dining, volcanic spas and rustic in-island hiking.
- The Naples of today is one of Italy's most compelling destinations, and not just for the best pizza of your life or the dense, fascinating history. Best enjoyed coming and going by boat from the Villa.
- Spend a day getting up close to the dramatic cliffs of the Amalfi Coast by boat, ending in Positano for lunch and a chance to stroll 'The Vertical City' for fashions from Brunella. Settle at the Le Sirene beach club for lunch and a swim.
- Follow 'The Walk of Gods' from Agerola to Nocelle and then continue on foot - along what was until recently the only 'road' in - to Montepertuso for lunch.
- Marina del Cantone is a gem - a beach cove best reached via private charter from the sea. Spend the day at the beach, eat a traditional lunch of spaghettini a la vongole' overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Marina Grande (local restaurants, beach clubs), Sorrento's 'centro storico' (shops, restaurants, ferry service) 5-10 minute walk
- Sant'Agata di Due Golfi (helipad, fine dining) 25 minute drive
- Marina del Cantone, Baia di Ieranto, Positano 25 minutes by boat charter, 45 minutes by car
- Capri, Ischia 30 - 60 minutes by boat charter
- Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum (museums and archeological sites, shopping, dining, airport) 1 hour
- Amalfi 1.25 hours by car, 1 hour by boat charter
- Rome (shopping, dining, hotels, airport) 3.5 hours by car