Palazzo Alvera Altana
- San Marco, Venice |
- 8 - 15 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 7.5 Baths
The Palazzo Alvera Altana - like Venice - is both sanctuary and inspiration, historic and contemporary. This is a private home enjoyed by the owners for getaways they fill with the best of life in a great city. Venice lives today surrounded by the past, but not bound to it. Today's Venetian families continue to reinvent their city, inviting today's refined citizens of the world to enjoy this city as they do.
Apperitivi on the Altana while relishing a private 360-degree view of a signature kalaidescope sunset over Venice.
A Canale Grande location in a posh residential neighborhood, steps from da Fiore.
A private dock for for excursions into the Lagoon, romantic dinners out or gondola rides by moonlight.
The sumptuous textured details and colors of the interior and marble finished baths.
How to Spend Your Time
- Hunt for lions with the help of a private guide or a self-guided tour from Save Venice.
- Take a guided tour of regional wines from the comfort of a local enoteca with our gracious local guide Nan.
- We have a wonderful team of professional, licensed, English-speaking guides who will bring the charm and interest of Venice to life. All activities can be customized -- as broad-stroke or detailed as you like to your specific areas of interest.
- Try your hand at Venetian rowing, surprisingly easy and fun for those eight and older, for a new view of Venice.
- To be in Venice requires getting out on a boat. Take a trip up the Grand Canal with one of our English-speaking guides for an annotated introduction to this thriving, vital waterway.
- Our favorite activity in Venice is to get lost. All you need is good shoes, a sense of adventure and a detailed map. Use your imagination and interest as a guide to getting lost before you get found.
- Visit the famed Rialto market -- and adjacent fish market -- in the morning.
- Palazzo Alvera Altana is the perfect setting for an introductory lesson in Venetian Cuisine and culture right in your own home.
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing day on a classic 'dragozzo' sailing vessel exploring the Lagoon, with a gourmet meal on board.
- For collectors of contemporary art, antiques, art glass and the like -- we will make advance arrangements for introductions and appointments. For fine jewels, bespoke fashion, handmade shoes, a proper gentleman's hat and other such refined acquisitions, we can furnish our personal shopper.
- Campo Santo Stefano (da Fiore, shops, bars, services) 3 minute walk
- San Samuele (vaporetto stop) 5 minute walk
- Accademia, Peggy Guggenheim Museum 7-10 minute walk
- Rialto, San Marco 15 minute walk
- Venice Airport 40 minutes by private taxi
- Lido (beach clubs, tennis, biking) 30-40 minutes by vaporetto, 20 minutes by private taxi