- Near Paestum, Amalfi and Environs |
- 8 - 14 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 6 Baths
Villa Licosa is immersed in natural beauty along one of the last remaining unspoiled, uncrowded coastlines in Italy - an accessible yet under-the-radar destination. You will experience all the surrounding region has to offer fom this gracious, utterly private setting. No one will be wandering across the jasmine-scented patio while you enjoy your first cappuccino in the subtle light of morning.
The oceanfront waters are stunningly clear and clean and easily accessible. You also have a private pool if you prefer.
Flat bike-friendly road to a local village with restaurant, bar, shop and other necessities. Ideal destination for an afternoon gelato.
This is the land of the 'bufala' so you can have farm-fresh cheese, gelato and yogurt every day.
Excursions by private boat give you a chance to explore deserted coves and swim in a sapphire sea.
How to Spend Your Time
- Enjoy the breathtaking views and charming narrow stone passageways of the 12th century village of Castellabate, 300 meters above the sea.
- The Cilento Coast is home to arguably the most important vestiges of Magna Grecia -- 2,700 years ago Paestum was the center of a thriving and diverse community. These exceptional archeological ruins are best appreciated with one of our engaging guides.
- The province of Salerno, which includes the Cilento Coast, is famous for mozzarella di bufala. You can enjoy tours and tastings of mozzarella, yoghurt, gelato and baked goods prepared from this exceptional milk.
- The entire Cilento Coast is a paradise for outdoorsy types. Trekking excursions can be organized for the nature parks. There is paragliding and rafting, as well as the more accessible pleasures of standup-paddle boarding and kayaking.
- The area of the Cilento is blessed with both mountain and sea oriented activities. Traveling south along the Coast brings you to Pisciotta and Palinuro -- charming hamlets on the sea with access to pristine grottos and vivid turquoise waters. The abundance of nature preserves and the Bandiera Blu controls make these waters especially clean and lovely.
- We can arrange a private car or van transportation with English-speaking driver to escort you up to the Amalfi Coast for a visit to Ravello, Amalfi and Positano. This can either be a day trip or an evening trip including dinner out and dancing at the chic beach club of L'Africana in Praiano.
- Enhance your experience of Villa Licosa with at-home wine tastings led by a local sommelier, or at-home cooking classes tailored to the ages, interest and expertise of your group.
- Ogliastro Marina (restaurants, bars, sandy beach, beach clubs) 5 minute drive, 15 minute bike ride, 25 minute walk along seaside path
- San Marco (tennis courts, boat hires, restaurants, bars) 5 minute drive, 25 minute bike ride (within park and on public roads, easy)
- Santa Maria di Castellabate (all shopping, harbor), Castellabate (historic center) 15 minute drive
- Agropoli, Prignano, Acciaroli 30 - 40 minutes
- Paestum 30 minutes
- Salerno, Pisciotta, Palinuro 1 1/2 hours
- Naples (Pompeii, Herculaneum, historic center, airport) 2 hours