Villa delle Vigne
- Chianti, Tuscany |
- 18 Guests |
- 9 Bedrooms |
- 9 Baths
Villa delle Vigne is brand new and yet already a classic. This historic family estate is the hunting lodge refuge for a noble Roman family. Ideal for large gatherings of family and friends, elegant in style but relaxed in atmosphere with a gracious staff - a modern home with ensuite bedrooms in a perfect old-world Chianti location. Enjoy a slow-paced beautiful life when you are not touring. Your ideal Tuscan holiday.
Mix and match your Itinerary; food & wine, art & culture, sport & nature. All in proportion to your preferences.
Children & grandchildren welcome. Easy-access pool with toys and adjacent games-filled loggia.
Try Chianti for an intimate peaceful winter holiday of roaring fires, movie nights, food and wine by candlelight.
Gather for meal prep in the country kitchen or let someone else cook, you can choose.
How to Spend Your Time
- Your local village will be Castellina-in-Chianti, a vibrant town and full of the wine, restaurants, markets and shops you will want to patronize during your stay. Panzano and Greve are just up the road. There are multiple wineries you can stop into on your own, and enoteche in the villages for an even wider selection.
- Villa delle Vigne is equidistant Florence to Siena, making days of cultural immersion possible. Our specialized guides can offer Street Art tours that bypass the Uffizi entirely. Or maybe this is the year for your Palio experience?
- Monteriggioni and San Gimignano are both famous for their tower-spiked walls and an easy drive west. We recommend lunch in Monteriggioni then San Gimignano in the later afternoon when there is more space and quiet for exploration. A guide is highly recommended.
- Radda-in-Chianti is 10 minutes away, hosting Rampini, one of the area's best ceramics houses, as well as its own intimate charm.
- From art and antiques to designer clothing and accessories, a personal shopping assistant can help you find Italian treasures at less-than designer prices in the hard-to-find outlets in and around Florence.
- For wine, there is Montalcino and Montepulciano along with any number of little-known Chianti vintners. For landscape and history, Volterra and Colle Val d'Elsa are beautiful and worth visiting.
- Castellina in Chianti (restaurants, markets, enoteca) 5 minutes by car
- Monteriggioni, Radda in Chianti 15 minutes
- Florence-Siena 'raccordo' 20 minutes
- Panzano, Poggibonsi 25 minutes
- Greve, Siena 30 minutes
- San Gimignano 40-45 minutes
- Florence (center, train and airport) 50-55 minutes
- Rome 3 hours
- Rome Airport 3.5 hours