- Near Cortona, Umbria |
- 22 Guests |
- 10 Bedrooms |
- 12 Baths
This is a refuge for rest and rejuvenation with a gracious, unpretentious, talented staff who will make very sure you have an otherworldly fabulous time. This is what the owner does when he visits and how fortunate you are to share in his enjoyment of the place. I Cappuccini was built from the ruin of a monastery, re-imagined by an entertainment industry titan for his own personal use with every amenity imaginable.
Pool, tennis, cinema, bocce, billiards, gym, spa... You will find many ways to enjoy time with the people you love.
The staff goes above and beyond to ensure you and your guests feel welcome, attended to and happy.
Multiple dining options from dressy dinners in the library to alfresco pizza under the stars.
All kinds of day trips are possible -- from hilltowns and wineries to Cuccinelli cashmere
How to Spend Your Time
- Enjoy the lively, characteristic local village for a cappuccino, seeing art exhibits, having dinner and hanging out on a flower-fringed balcony for aperitivi.
- Walking tours of nearby cultural hotspots- Perugia, Assisi, Cortona and more. We will arrange an engaging, knowledgeable guide.
- Visit under-the-radar wineries for Vino Nobile of Montepulciano and the now-appreciated whites of Montefalco.
- Join a private guide and get to know the Etruscans of Chiusi and visit St. Francis' island in Lago di Trasimeno. Helicopter to Florence for quick access to the Vasari Corridor and private galleries.
- Pasta-making? Organic beer making in a monastery? Truffle-hunting? You will eat well in Umbria, with artisanal producers and under-the-radar experts ready to share their passion and expertise with you.
- Take your family on a hot air balloon ride over the famed Val d'Orcia.
- Outlets for designer clothing and cashmere are nearby and exceptional finds of all kinds can be discovered with a personal shopper in Florence and Rome. We have professionals who can help with collections or purchase of textiles, art, antiques and fashion.
- Make time to enjoy I Cappuccini...cheese-tasting with a Master, celebratory evenings with live music and photographer, restorative massage.
- Passignano (train) 5 minutes
- Lago Trasimeno 20 minutes
- Perugia 30 minutes
- Assisi 45 minutes
- Gubbio, Orvieto, Spoleto 1 hour
- Florence Airport 1.5 hours
- Rome Airport 2.5 hours