- Centro Storico, Rome |
- 8 Guests |
- 4 Bedrooms |
- 4 Baths
Vista Pantheon is a gloriously designed, luminous aerie in Rome's Centro Storico, the perfect location for days touring and tasting your way across this compelling city. The location is ideal - equidistant to multiple points on virtually any axis of interest: architecture, art, history, food, shopping and of course gelato.
One of our favorite museums is the Capitoline: art & archeological museums on top of the Capitoline Hill.
We can suggest several of the best food tour guides- the hard part is picking which tour.
While the kitchen is small and concealed behind folding doors, Bruna works alchemy serving beautifully prepared meals.
The expansive terrace off the dining room with views of the Pantheon.
How to Spend Your Time
- Go to the Pantheon in the early morning -- it is easy to do from here. Nearby is Piazza Navona and the morning market of Campo dei Fiori. Bring back an armload of cut flowers and some fresh breakfast pastry or some 'pizza Romana' for breakfast.
- Tours of the Roman Forum, Coliseum and Vatican are starting points for any first-timers to Rome. The Villa Borghese and Palazzo Doria Pamphilij are personal favorites.
- Gastronomic tours of Rome are exceptionally varied, accessible for all ages and uniformly delicious. Market tours of outlying neighborhoods give you a perspective on the critical importance of fresh, local food to Rome.
- Spend time absorbing the new Richard Meier museum at the Tomb of Augustus. Walk across to the Castel Sant'Angelo -- often overlooked but with some more interesting tidbits of Roman history and a great view of the city.
- Take a family friendly tour- find all the turtles in Rome and understand art, architecture and history in the meantime. Take a private car out to the Appia Antica for a catacombs tour. Focus on gelato -- all afternoon if you like.
- Get over to La Buvette for the pinnacle of chic Roman bars. Prowl Monti or Testaccio in the evening to see young Romans out enjoying themselves.
- Bruna, the cook at Vista Pantheon works alchemy serving beautifully prepared meals. Settle out on your terrace with a glass of wine made in the Lazio.
- Spanish Steps 11 minute walk
- Campo dei Fiori 16 minute walk
- Pantheon 6 minute walk
- Piazza Navona 9 minute walk
- Vatican 12 minutes by taxi
- Coliseum 9 minutes by taxi, 30 minute walk
- Rome Airport 45-60 minutes by hired car