Villa San Giacomo
- Positano, Amalfi and Environs |
- 16 - 24 Guests |
- 8 Bedrooms |
- 12 Baths
Villa San Giacomo is dramatic in scale, a playground and palace all in one. Step through the stone portal and you are transported to an expansive aerie of graceful indoor-outdoor living with the world at your feet; the village of Positano tumbling below, the emphatic line of plunging mountainsides to Capri, and the undulating hypnotic expanse of ocean to the horizon.
Consiglia is a superb cook and welcomes you in her kitchen to try your hand at local specialties.
So much space! Lawn and separate pool terrace plus three terraces running the length of the house.
Each room opens directly to a terrace and the layout is ideal with equivalent rooms, ensuite baths and king or twin beds.
The gracious, attentive and unobtrusive staff serves with an open hospitality.
How to Spend Your Time
- Make Positano your oyster for a beach day at Fornillo, taking coffee with the locals at Bar Internazionale or contemplating the pastry at La Zagara.
- Eat your way through Naples with our engaging guides, learning and appreciating this exceptional city as you go.
- Discover the hidden beauty of the Amalfi Coast by land and sea; Guided morning on Walk of the Gods, day-long Private Boat Charters under sail, powerboat tour of the coves around Capri.
- Head to the hills for an afternoon with a family in Nocelle, sharing in the preparation of a meal and leaving with a bellyful of local culture.
- Enjoy the beaches of Marina del Cantone in Nerano -- especially with a side trip to the Baia di Ieranto and a waterfront meal at Lo Scoglio.
- Take to the coast in a kayak or stand up paddleboard for a slower-paced, more intimate view from the water.
- Change your perspective on the Coast with a wine-tasting tour in Tramonti and then a step back into Ravello's long cultural history with Angela as your guide.
- Bring your imagination to a guided tour of Herculaneum, Paestum or Pompeii.
- Positano (beach, shopping, ferries) 5-15 minutes on foot
- Sorrento (beach, ferries, shopping, restaurants), Praiano (disco, restaurants) 30 minutes
- Capri 30-40 minutes by boat
- Amalfi, Ravello, Nerano, Marina del Cantone (concerts, restaurants, cultural attractions) 1 hour by boat or car
- Naples (Pompeii, Herculaneum, historic center, airport) 1 - 1.5 hours
- Vietri, Salerno, Paestum 2 - 3 hours (car or boat)
- Rome (historic center, airport) 4 hours