Palazzo di Castello
- Castello, Venice |
- 12 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 8 Baths
Palazzo di Castello invites you to visit Venice in a new way - a more nuanced, local, playful and in-depth way. If you want a car-free holiday exploring and living an Italian life in all its diversity, try La Serenissima. If you care about art, design, and architecture, Venice is now. And Palazzo di Castello brings it all together in a private and tranquil canal-side setting with the best of Venice at your doorstep.
The chic modern interior by the noted Italian owner/designer is the perfect backdrop for Venice's glinting light.
Come and go by boat whenever you like -- whether private taxi, vaporetto or kayak.
Transform your celebrations with an evening of superb food, with music and candlelight, in the original cavana.
The younger set will enjoy their own privacy in the Mansarda, designed as a fun hangout space.
How to Spend Your Time
- Head out with map in hand, a sturdy pair of walking shoes and a camera. Follow your senses until you are good and truly lost. Then enjoy getting found again.
- Guided neighborhood walks blend both historic and modern-day aspects of Venetian life. For all ages.
- Skip the gondola (unless you must) and ride the #1. Snag the front row seats as soon as you can and enjoy an unparalleled view of Venice.
- To be in Venice requires getting out on a boat for a distinctive and perception-altering experience of Venice.
- Spend a day on the Lido for biking, beaches, tennis, the Jewish Cemetery and know a different Venice.
- Visit the famed Rialto market -- and adjacent fish market -- in the morning with a gastronomic guide.
- Hunt for lions with the help of a private guide or a self-guided tour from Save Venice. Be sure to take the traghetto across the Grand Canal -- standing up in a gondola!
- Via Giuseppe Garibaldi (shopping, cafes) 5 minutes walk
- Vaporetto 5 - 10 minutes walk
- Biennale, Arsenale 10 minutes walk
- Piazza San Marco, Lido (Film Festival, beaches, biking) 20 minutes walk or 10 minutes walk and 10 minutes vaporetto
- Piazzale Roma (car rental pickup/return), Santa Lucia (train) 20 minutes by private water taxi
- Accademia, Dorsoduro 20-30 by walk and vaporetto
- Venice Airport 30 minutes by private water taxi