- Chianti, Tuscany |
- 10 - 14 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 7.5 Baths
Tramonti perhaps sets a gold standard for a villa with virtually no compromise. The house offers the experience of a new house in terms of infrastructure and appointments set within an authentic Tuscan environment. From its location in the heart of wine country, the welcoming professional staff and every amenity considered, you may just not want to leave.
The understated luxury, the attention to every detail, the staff's commitment to ensuring your comfort during your stay.
Mara, Tramonti's cook, makes superb focaccia - sure to be requested at every meal.
Hands-on pizza night using the outdoor forno enjoyed with Tramonti's own red wine.
Nearby adventures include hiking the countryside of Siena, biking around San Gimignano.
How to Spend Your Time
- Tramonti is poised at the heart of Chianti surrounded by vineyards and olive groves and the iconic landscape of Leonardo daVinci's Mona Lisa. Meander the winding roads to explore and discover Medieval hilltowns and wineries large and small. With a guide or on your own.
- Your local village will be Castellina-in-Chianti, a vibrant town and full of the wine, restaurants, markets and shops you will want to patronize during your stay. The local staff will ensure you get to know the right butcher and you will have options for where to take your morning cappuccino.
- Tour Siena -- Palio or no Palio -- with the incomparable Antonella. But book early to be enchanted by this expert storyteller and guide.
- Cooking Classes from Pasta 101 for beginners to our favorite Sauce-Making experience and beyond, can be arranged at the house or nearby. Your choice.
- Monteriggioni and San Gimignano are both famous for their tower-spiked walls and both can be easily reached from Tramonti. Famous piazzas, historic churches and ancient castles and renowned museums in Florence and Siena are all both within easy reach as well.
- Radda-in-Chianti is 10 minutes away, home of Rampini, one of the area's best ceramics houses. A drive to Volpaia is drive of timeless beauty, with lunch, wine and another beautiful view as rewards.
- From art and antiques to designer clothing and accessories, a personal shopping assistant can help you find Italian treasures at less-than designer prices in the hard-to-find outlets in and around Florence.
- Castellina in Chianti (restaurants, markets, enoteca) 5 minutes by car
- Monteriggioni, Radda in Chianti 15 minutes
- Florence-Siena 'raccordo' 20 minutes
- Panzano, Poggibonsi 25 minutes
- Greve, Siena 30 minutes
- San Gimignano 40-45 minutes
- Florence (center, train and airport) 50-55 minutes
- Rome 3 hours
- Rome Airport 3.5 hours