- Val d'Orcia, Tuscany |
- 10 - 14 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 7 Baths
Le Ripe is an elegant, gracious and well-run private home and vacation haven. Multigenerational groups wanting space and elegance free of stuffiness or formality will find it here. Friends vacationing with children will not have to compromise on amenities; fenced-in pool, AC in the bedrooms and WiFi on the Loggia. This home becomes your home on arrival with all its grace and refinement.
Access to some of the the best wine making regions in both Tuscany and Umbria. Red, white or rose today?
Breathtaking views and a great cook who takes advantage of the garden's bounty.
Nearby, Citta della Pieve, a beautiful small village with an excellent vibe.
Today you burn off some of those yummy pasta meals. A guided hike over the beautiful terrain of Crete?
How to Spend Your Time
- Le Ripe's kitchen is the perfect size for a hands on cooking class followed by lunch under the pergola.
- Sarteano and Cetona are just minutes away, providing a nice selection of dining, shopping and cultural opportunities. Also within easy reach are Monte Cetona and Monte Amiata, as well as the towns of Pienza and Chianciano Terme.
- The Antiques Fair in Arezzo is held on the first weekend of every month, in the town's Piazza Grande. The Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino is an all day street fair the first Saturday in October.
- Enjoy some of Tuscany's most spectacular countryside with a private three-hour trail ride with a local 'maneggio' with over 20 years experience. The varied terrain will introduce you to the characteristic rural landscape of the Val d'Orcia.
- Experience firsthand the art of Italian winemaking and tasting in Tuscany. We're happy to organize tours of private, family-run wineries in nearby Montalcino and Montepulciano, as well as all over Chianti.
- We recommend the train for day-trips to Rome and Florence - balancing a day out with a day at home, walking to town and enjoying the view.
- Get a taste of Umbria in Citta della Pieve with lunch at Bruno Copetta. A June festival carpets the street with Renaissance inspired designs.
- San Casciano dei Bagni (restaurants, shops, ATM, spa) 20 minute walk, 5 minute drive
- Cetona (market, boutiques, restaurants) 25 minutes
- Chiusi (Etruscan museum, train station) 30 minutes
- Montepulciano, Orvieto (wine, art, restaurants, shopping) 45 minutes
- Perugia, Siena 1 hour
- Florence (including Florence Airport) 2 hours
- Rome (including Rome Airport) 2.5 hours