- Maremma, Tuscany |
- 12 - 14 Guests |
- 8 Bedrooms |
- 8.5 Baths
When you want a holiday by the sea in Italy, come to Villa Bianca and restore yourselves in the kind embrace of this gracious estate above the stunning waters of Cala Grande. You will be immersed in sun-dappled shade, serenaded by birds and enraptured by the setting sun as you dine, your view unblemished to the horizon of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Some evenings you can see all the way to Corsica.
Enjoying days at sea, in a chartered motorboat, is a signature experience of Villa Bianca.
The grace of Villa Bianca is amplified by the staff who ensure your stay is extraordinary.
Ideal for a real getaway; you can tour if you like but this is a place to savor - fresh-air days by land or sea.
You will 'live locally' enjoying Maremmanan wine, oil, produce, meats, dairy products
How to Spend Your Time
- Nearby are the lively chic port-side towns of Porto Ercole and Porto Santo Stefano with shops and restaurants, bars and gelaterie. Public ferries run from Porto Santo Stefano to the islands of Giglio and Giannutri.
- Private day charters to explore the islands of Giglio and Giannutri on your own timetable -- or simply enjoy the private pristine coves of the Argentario's wild coast - are a signature experience.
- The Maremma is full of interesting and diverse activities for children. Most compelling is I Giardini dei Tarocchi, an outdoor sculpture museum. Pair this with lunch in Capalbio and a chance to walk the ramparts with a 360-degree view of the surrounding countryside and the sea.
- There are walking trails through the interior. Pack for a day in the wild - including a picnic from Rosanna - and come back exhilarated.
- Nearby wineries - often also producing an excellent local olive oil, marmalades and honeys or other products - are open for tastings.
- Spend a day inland touring hill towns and out-of-the way local artisanal food producers of cheese, breads, honey and cured meats.
- The Argentario Golf Club and Resort offers a 18-hole course with pros available to assist you in improving your game. The view to the lagoon animates a day on the greens.
- This area is rich with the ruins of the Etruscans, many of them little more than a signpost and a heap of grass-obscured stone. You will need an imagination - or we can provide a good guide - to help you grasp the exceptional sophistication of this elusive ancient culture.
- Skilled equestrians can experience the Italian Cowboys of the Maremma. Birders are drawn to nearby Albinia.
- Porto Santo Stefano 10 minute drive, 40 minutes on foot
- Porto Ercole, Cala Galera (private charters), Orbetello, Argentario Golf Resort 30 minutes
- Capalbio (I Giardini dei Tarocchi), Ansedonia, Albinia 40 minutes
- Giglio, Giannutri 50 minutes by ferry (from Porto Santo Stefano)
- Scansano, Pitigliano, Castiglione della Pescaia 1.25 hours
- Bolgheri, Rome Airport 1.75 hours