Podere Due Scale
- Val d'Orcia, Tuscany |
- 18 - 19 Guests |
- 9 Bedrooms |
- 11 Baths
Podere Due Scale is a contemporary take on an old farmhouse that enjoys a particularly panoramic position in the Val d'Orcia. This is the chic part of southern Tuscany much loved by artists, given the graphic quality of the landscape and the unspoiled charm of the area hill towns. With the solar heated pool, hot tub, endless views you will not want to leave.
Fantastic design...hand-loomed linen, slick stamped faux-leather upholstery and window drapes knit from twine.
A day touring the Crete Senesi, to the history of the frescos, followed by a garden tour.
The Antiques Fair in Arezzo held the first weekend of every month.
Okay, okay, I may have been eating a lot of Giovanna's awesome meals but I have been using the onsite gym.
How to Spend Your Time
- Outdoor enthusiasts will fall in love with the landscape of the Val d'Orcia. Opportunities for walking, hiking and biking tours are readily available for people at all levels of ability.
- With easy access to the train, you can be in Arezzo or Orvieto in a half hour; Rome and Florence are just over an hour away.
- The Antiques Fair in Arezzo is held on the first weekend of every month, in the town's Piazza Grande, Piazza San Francesco, Corso Italia and surrounding streets. The Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino is an all day street fair the first Saturday in October.
- Many beautifully preserved attractions are a must-see in the Val d'Orcia, including Bagno Vignoni, Abbadia di San Galgano, Oliveto Maggiore and Abbadia di Sant'Antimo.
- We can arrange for a yoga instructor to come to your Villa for classes in the gym.
- Head to the beautiful town of Montisi, for a wine & cheese tasting, followed by lunch at Vitis Vinifera.
- Enjoy some of Tuscany's most spectacular countryside with a private three-hour trail ride with a local 'maneggio' with over 20 years experience. The varied terrain will introduce you to the characteristic rural landscape of the Val d'Orcia.
- Contignano (grocery, bakery, butcher, cheese factory, gas station) 5 minutes
- Monticchiello, Pienza, Montepulciano, San Quirico, Sarteano 15 to 20 minutes
- Chiusi (train, highway, supermarkets) 25 minutes
- Montepulciano, Montalcino, San Casciano dei Bagni 30 minutes
- Siena, Perugia, Assisi 60 minutes
- Florence, Florence Airport 1.5 hours by car, 1 by train (city center only)
- Rome, Rome Airport 2- 2.5 hours by car, 1.5 - 2 hours by train