Villa di Torno
- Near Como, Lake Como |
- 12 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 6.5 Baths
Amid all the grandeur of Villa di Torno -- completely and elegantly reconstructed and refurbished with the fine appointments and finishes of the best private homes -- is the simplicity of water, light and air. The view from each room is enchanting and you are never far from the gentle sound of the water along the villa's magnificent front terrace.
The amazing heated pool morphs from totally child-safe to adult-size with jets at the push of a button.
A private skippered Venetian Taxi ensures you enjoy the ultimate Lake Como vacation.
All around you is the majesty of Lake Como; dramatic mountainscapes, charming villages, the sparkling water.
Walk through town for coffee then continue up into the surrounding hills for the view.
How to Spend Your Time
- Get to know Como, underrated but full of culture and charm. Great shopping. Best with guide Beatrice.
- Be sure to visit Villa Balbianello and Villa Melzi. Great for all ages.
- With a skippered Venetian Taxi you can explore Lakefront villages all you like - Bellaggio, Tremezzo, Cernobbio and our favorite, Varenna.
- Get out in kayaks for a unique perspective on Bellagio's promontory. Our guide Michele is a delight.
- Golf enthusiasts can enjoy challenging courses at Menaggio and Villa d'Este. Water ski and wakeboard right from the Villa.
- Day-trips to Milan for Opera at La Scala, a quick peek at the Last Supper or a trip up the Duomo dome. And then an exquisite lunch.
- Torno (market, shops, bars, bank, gas station) Immediate
- Como (restaurants, shopping, train, main ferry terminal) 20 minutes by car, 10 minutes by boat
- Cernobbio (Villa d'Este) 20 minutes by car, 10 minutes by boat
- Bellagio 30 minutes by car or 25 minutes by boat
- Menaggio (golf, shopping, restaurants) 40 minutes by boat
- Lugano 50 minutes by car
- Milan Airport and Historic Center 60 minutes by car