Casale di Fiesole
- Near Florence, Tuscany |
- 8 Guests |
- 4 Bedrooms |
- 5 Baths
Casale di Fiesole is a delightful villa in all the right ways. You are a short, beautiful drive to Fiesole, Settignano, and Compiobbi, all places for dining and shopping. Florence is an easy drive of 20 minutes or an equally easy train-ride. The house is elegantly well appointed, beautifully maintained and of an appealing size and layout that works for many different group configurations.
Owners' special connections give you access to some of the great villas and art collections nearby.
Having Rosella serve dinner under the pergola fragrant with climbing jasmine.
Meander the local small roads south through Chianti hilltowns for lunch and wine tasting.
The pool is another world, suspended over the undulating countryside with stunning views.
How to Spend Your Time
- In Florence, visit the ultramodern new opera house, the historic Mercato Centrale market with the region's top food artisans, and any of the new hip restaurants that seem to be opening daily.
- A private tour of Villa La Pietra, bequeathed by Sir Harold Acton. At night it is candlelit and hosts concerts such as Jazz in June.
- Settignano is home to Villa Gamberaia, arguably one of Italy's most important gardens and worth a visit. Fiesole has a charming piazza, Roman Theatre and plays host to summer music concerts.
- For an insider's tour of Florence, avoid the long lines and let us organize privately guided tours of the Uffizi, Accademia and Bargello museums.
- We can arrange wine- and cheese-tasting with a professional Sommelier, cooking classes and Italian lessons at Casale di Fiesole.
- The location of Casale di Fiesole is ideal for visiting the famed Chianti region, including the towns of Greve, Panzano, Radda, Castellina.
- The villages of Galuzzo and Tavernuzze are just beyond, each of which boasts a fabulous bakery, among other things.
- Compiobbi (train) less than 5 minutes by car
- Florence 20 minutes by car or train
- San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Chianti (Ugolino Golf Course) 25 - 30 minutes
- Florence Airport 30 minutes
- Siena, San Gimignano 40 minutes
- Greve-in-Chianti, Cortona, Lucca, Arezzo 45 minutes
- Pisa Airport 1 1/2 hours, Rome Airport: 3 hours