La Limonaia di Celsa
- Near Siena, Tuscany |
- 9 - 10 Guests |
- 5 Bedrooms |
- 5.5 Baths
Arriving at the gates of Celsa feels like a dream, someplace different and alluring. Staying at La Limonaia di Celsa lets you live this other world of exceptional drama and beauty -- rich woodlands and famous Italianate gardens surrounding a real castle with the vestiges of its history still intact. Yet you are very much in the modern world of villa vacations, all the hallmarks of gracious living intact and present.
Step into a storybook; tall gates opening to a tree-lined drive, crenellated castle towers above stunning gardens.
Be lured outdoors into the mystical countryside for quiet morning runs, long rides, tennis sets.
Let Siena be your focus for a week of culture and history when you are not exploring Chianti, San Gimignano, the Crete.
Lucky you. Amparo is in the kitchen tonight cooking up a taste of Tuscany for you and your family.
How to Spend Your Time
- The woodlands of the Montagnola that surround Celsa contain several interesting cultural destinations, all within 15 minutes drive, including the Castello di Belcaro, San Leonardo al Lago, Torri and Eremo di Lecceto.
- We can arrange cultural presentations regarding the history of Celsa and the design of its famous gardens.
- Siena is the closest city, worthy of more than one visit. Walking tours and cultural programs, both introductory and expert, can be arranged.
- A wine-tasting tour of Chianti and it's stunning patchwork of vineyards is a must for all wine lovers.
- San Galgano, site of the legend of the Sword in the Stone, is just 30 minutes by car.
- Visit the Stibbert Museum for their collection of armor and medieval artifacts.
- Antique roadsters are well suited to a pleasure drive from Celsa.
- Pievescuola (restaurants), San Leonardo al Lago, Torri, Eremo di Lecceto (cultural sites) 15 minutes
- Sovicille, Rosia (markets, shopping) 20-25 minutes
- Siena, Monteriggioni, Colle Val d'Elsa, Bagnaia (spa, golf, train station) 30 minutes
- San Gimignano 40 minutes
- Florence (historic center, airport) 1.25 hours
- Montepulciano, Pienza 1.5 hours
- Rome (including airport) 2.5 hours