- Val di Chiana, Tuscany |
- 6 - 10 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 7.5 Baths
Oliveto is a refined country home designed for those who want to experience the luxury of a peaceful hillside in a graceful, tranquil setting. Surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful and well-designed garden, one lives at Oliveto in a quiet way, savoring time with family and friends. This is a home that invites a meaningful retreat and caters to those who are ready to mix relaxation into the exploration of Tuscany.
The delightful Anna is an excellent cook and reason enough to enjoy long lovely meals alfresco at Oliveto.
Minutes from Cetona, your "local" village. Excellent restaurants and boutiques.
A day trip to "The Old Farm" for cheese and pasta making, followed by lunch while the family shares their stories.
The fragrant lavender by the pool, the cuckoo birds singing throughout the valley.
How to Spend Your Time
- You'll want to plan time to enjoy your villa. We can arrange private wine- and cheese-tasting with a professional sommelier, cooking lessons, or a private soccer coach for the children.
- Rome and Florence are both just one hour away by train, enjoy a guided tour of the markets & food shops.
- Enjoy an evening in Citta della Pieve, arguably one of the most beautiful small villages with an excellent vibe. The entire historic center of the town retains an exceptional architectural harmony, with an active music and art scene.
- Guided visit, tasting and lunch in Montalcino at the wonderful winery Poggio Antico. Lunch is served on the terrazza immersed in the beautiful countryside. After lunch an afternoon visit to a second winery, Poderi Boscarelli in Montepulciano.
- Drive to Sant'Antimo to visit the stunning Romanesque church.
- Head up to the Abbazia Monte Oliveto di Maggiore for the superb fresco cycle of the life of Saint Benedict painted both by Luca Signorelli and later il Sodoma.
- Saturday is market day in Cetona, grab a straw bag and head down to shop with the locals.
- Cetona (shops, restaurants, ATM, pharmacy) 5 minutes
- Sarteano, San Casciano dei Bagni (spa), Chiusi (highway, train) 10 -15 minutes
- Citta della Pieve 20 minutes
- Montepulciano, Pienza 30 minutes
- Montalcino, Cortona, Orvieto 45 minutes
- Florence (historic center, airport), Siena 1 1/2 hours
- Rome (historic center, airport) 2 hours