Villa Maria Taglioni
- Near Como, Lake Como |
- 14 Guests |
- 7 Bedrooms |
- 8.0 Baths
Villa Maria Taglioni is the centerpiece of an extraordinary private estate opposite Villa d'Este. The neo-Classical architecture, extensive park and landscaped gardens form a dreamy Old World setting. Enjoy a rigorous high standard of service and amenity befitting one of the most sought-after homes on the Lake. Step into gracious, unhurried, days immersed in the spectacle of natural beauty that is Lake Como.
Direct Lake access for skippered private-charter Venetian Taxi, water-sports. Complimentary self-drive water-craft.
The secure underground garage and elevator serving all levels from garage to Second Floor.
Enjoy tranquil, soul-stirring beauty. Exceptional views from al fresco dining and heated pool, garden and Villa.
The modern electronics; central heat and air conditioning, PS3 player, remote-control shades.
How to Spend Your Time
- Ten minutes from Villa Maria Taglioni is Como, a picturesque walled town with an impressive center and lively square which offers a variety of shopping and dining opportunities as well as cultural events. Best enjoyed in the company of our wonderful guide Beatrice. There is more to Como than meets the eye.
- Visits to the Lake's famous villas and gardens have appeal for all ages, particularly Villa Balbianello and Villa Melzi. These are optional stops as part of a private skippered boat excursion. We recommend including the local guide for the fullest experience.
- Getting out on the Lake in a skippered Venetian Taxi makes a great day. Cruise past other celebrity villas, stop for a Lakeside lunch, shop the boutiques of Bellagio. This and more, it is your choice.
- We highly recommend the historic golf course at Menaggio for the links and also the majestic views over Lake Como. We can also arrange tee times, carts and clubs to enjoy Villa d'Este's golf course.
- Take advantage of the cultural seasons of Como and Milan. Transportation and tickets can be arranged for anyone who wishes to see opera at La Scala.
- It is well worth getting a bird's eye view of Lake Como. Take a sightseeing tour by float plane or a guided hike from Brunate or any of the many scenic mountain trails that encircle Lake Como.
- The silk industry in Como is integral to its history. You can shop local producers or visit the Silk Museum. Serious shopping is available in Como, Milan, Lugano - either on your own or with a personal shopper.
- Como (shopping, restaurants, boat hires, public ferry service, train) 10 minutes by boat or car
- Cernobbio (Villa d'Este, boutiques, restaurants) 5 minutes by boat, 15 minutes by car
- Menaggio, Tremezzo (golf, shopping, restaurants) 30-40 minutes by boat
- Bellagio 30 minutes by boat, 50 minutes by car
- Milan, Milan Airport 1 hour