- Val d'Orcia, Tuscany |
- 16 - 19 Guests |
- 8 Bedrooms |
- 8.5 Baths
Villa d'Orcia is breathtaking, a designer-owned Italian farmhouse turned luxury villa. Hilltop setting affords extraordinary, panoramic views of the Tuscan countryside. Gathering spaces are large and gracious. Elegant contemporary aesthetic suits today's sophisticated well-traveled modern families. Whether celebrating or relishing the tranquil beauty, all the elements for a memorable vacation are here.
A cook's paradise; great kitchen, dining terrace for 20, wood-fired oven & BBQ plus vegetable garden.
Indoor/Outdoor living at its best... 20 meter long heated, jet-stream pool, hot tub, ping pong.
You are in the backyard of the most appreciated Italian wines; Brunello di Montalcino and Nobile di Montepulciano.
For the true vacation, Marcella will spoil you with her wonderful cooking.
How to Spend Your Time
- Should you be lucky with your dates, Arezzo's famous Giostra del Saracino, Joust of the Saracen, is held each June and September. With reserved seats and a local guide the whole family will be enthralled.
- The village of Cetona is just minutes away, car free piazza for the children to run around safely, and then have lunch sitting outside at di Nilo's.
- Head to the beautiful town of Montisi, to Enoteca Vitis Vinifera for a professional wine & cheese tasting, followed by lunch.
- Many beautifully preserved attractions are a must-see in the Val d'Orcia, including Bagno Vignoni, Abbadia di San Galgano, Oliveto Maggiore and Abbadia di Sant'Antimo.
- Monk's Beer...This organic brewery is located in Umbria, part of a Franciscan 14th century monastery that is also a farm. The guided tour inside the artisan brewery lets you discover the secrets of preparing, tasting and pairing beer, revealed directly by the Master brewer. Tasting and lunch included.
- With easy access to the train, you can be in Arezzo or Orvieto in a half hour; Rome and Florence are just over an hour away.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will fall in love with the landscape of the Val d'Orcia. Opportunities for walking, hiking and biking tours are readily available for people at all levels of ability.
- Monticchiello, Pienza, Montepulciano, San Quirico 15-20 minutes
- San Casciano (spa), Chiusi (supermarket, highway, train) 25 minutes
- Siena, Orvieto, Arezzo 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Florence 1 3/4 hours
- Rome 2 hours
- Florence Airport 2 1/4 hours
- Rome Airport 2 3/4 hours