- Val d'Orcia, Tuscany |
- 6 - 13 Guests |
- 5 Bedrooms |
- 5.5 Baths
Stylish farmhouse, home of a well-traveled Italian designer, surrounded by the expansive beauty and natural abundance of the Val d'Orcia. Enrich your experience with fresh fruits & vegetables from the garden, superb meals prepared by the amazing, gracious Cinzia. Flexible layout works for a family or extended friend group. Nature with a dash of global sophistication. Immersed in the timeless appeal of Tuscany.
At Podere Lucia you are just over a hill from Monticchiello and an easy drive to Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano
You will be mesmerized by gorgeous sweeping views and cooled by a delightful breeze.
You can choose an itinerary rich with food and wine, rugged with the outdoors or simply sublime, right at home.
Cinzia in the kitchen preparing fried, stuffed zucchini blossoms, just picked that morning.
How to Spend Your Time
- San Casciano dei Bagni is a charming town to explore, and for the ultimate indulgence, be sure to visit its luxurious thermal spa.
- The small village of Monticchiello is just minutes from your door, perfect for casual dining or picking up some necessities. A bit further down the road is the delightful town of Pienza, celebrated for its exquisite Pecorino cheeses as well as other culinary specialties.
- We can arrange walking, biking, hiking and driving excursions to almost anywhere, including an insider's tour of Siena, a cultural tour of Florence, a guided tour of Pisa and its famous leaning tower, and exploring the back roads and villages of the Val d'Orcia.
- For those interested in Italian cuisine, let us introduce you to the gastronomic pleasures of Florence and its markets, perhaps followed by a private cooking class with professional chef in a traditional Florentine studio.
- The Val d'Orcia is a mecca for wine and food lovers. Tour a private family winery in Montepulciano or Montalcino, including wine-tastings and lunch with the family.
- Many beautifully preserved attractions in the Val d'Orcia are a must-see, including Bagno Vignoni, Abbadia di San Galgano, Oliveto Maggiore, Abbadia di Sant'Antimo and Radicofani.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will fall in love with the patchwork landscape of the Val d'Orcia. Whether walking, hiking, biking or hot air ballooning, we can customize unforgettable outdoor adventures specifically for you.
- We can arrange wine- and cheese-tasting with a professional sommelier, private cooking lessons, and massages, all in the privacy of Podere Lucia.
- Monticchiello 10 minutes by car, 45 minutes on foot
- Pienza, Montepulciano 20 minutes
- Chiusi (train, highway) 25 minutes
- Florence (and Florence Airport) 1 1/2 hours by car or train
- Rome airport 2 1/2 hours