Ca di Pesa
- Chianti, Tuscany |
- 10 - 20 Guests |
- 12 Bedrooms |
- 8.5 Baths
Ca di Pesa may be your dream of a Tuscan holiday, a private estate in the heart of Chianti with a breathtaking views of the owner's award-winning vineyards and olive groves. Enjoy long, dreamy days lounging by the pool, playing games and eating and drinking well. We recommend a mixture of days, some staying put and some out exploring nearby hilltowns and wineries, Florence and Siena. You will be rewarded either way.
Anna is a superb cook at the heart of Ca di Pesa. Feast together under the pergola or in the candlelit cantina.
Smaller groups of adults particularly welcome to enjoy superb service, privacy and comfort.
Excellent home for multigenerational gatherings to celebrate life's gifts. Pizza nights are a favorite.
Sundays are idyllic; local morning market, lunch at Dario's followed by a Ca di Pesa wine tasting.
How to Spend Your Time
- Join in the chatter and activity of Panzano on a Sunday morning. Have coffee standing up at the bar, shop the market that fills the streets. Stop in at Verso X Verso for handmade leather goods and Jeanne Loohuis' Ceramic shop. Lunch at Dario's is a classic. Bring a serious appetite.
- Hands-on cooking at the house or in a nearby kitchen can be tailored to your skills and interests, as well as the ages of the participants.
- The amazing Antonella will join you for a tour of Siena focused on the history of the Palio.
- Hike from Greve to ancient Montefioralle and get a feel for what it means to be close to the land. Local wine-tasting and classic Tuscan lunch included.
- A Celebration Evening can begin with candid portraiture of your gathered family and friends, dinner under the pergola with accompaniment by our favorite Italian guitarist.
- Florence can be a half- or a full-day excursion depending on your energy and interests. We will assist with personal shoppers, food tours, engaging cultural guides and self-directed suggestions as need be.
- If all you want is to go out for lunch, your nearby choices include the excellent Scuderia at Badia a Passignano and La Foresteria a Cerna.
- We encourage relaxed self-guided days following your instinct wherever it takes you. With only a lunch reservation for structure, this is a sure way to be on vacation in Chianti. You are sure to be rewarded with breathtaking views, plenty of wine-tasting and wine-buying opportunities and hopefully one or two kismet moments of your own making.
- Shoppers may want to include Radda for Chianti Cashmere and Rampini Ceramics. Or Chianti Home just on the neighboring hill for individually constructed unique home furnishings and fashions.
- Urban Trekking in Volterra is a new and entertaining way to get to know the extraordinary beauty of this town.
- Panzano (shopping, restaurants, market) 15 minutes
- Greve in Chianti (restaurants, wineries, market, shopping), Badia a Passignano (restaurants, winery), Montefioralle 20 minutes
- Radda in Chianti, Castellina in Chianti (historic center, hiking, wine shops) 20 - 25 minutes
- San Gimignano, San Casciano in Val di Pesa (historic center, cultural attractions, museums) 30 minutes
- Siena, Monteriggioni (cultural attractions, museums, restaurants, shopping) 40 - 45 minutes
- Florence (historic center, airport) 50 - 60 minutes
- Rome Airport 3.5 hours