- South of Perugia, Umbria |
- 10 Guests |
- 5 Bedrooms |
- 5 Baths
Casa Mahler is your chance to live locally right in the historic center of Spoleto, a lively and engaging town. And yet the house also offers a true villa vacation experience. There is a team to look after the housekeeping, enjoy a quiet afternoon reading by the pool, stroll out to dinner or have the cook come in. Your day trips can be structured or self-directed explorations, heading out by car, train or on foot.
This home is rich with culture, art, history, beauty and comfort. Settle in and be inspired. Kick back & relax.
Dig into Umbria's distinctive cuisine with cooking classes, farm visits and local tastings.
Experience both country house relaxation and in-town stimulation with an emphasis on art, culture and history.
Walking and being a part of daily life in a vibrant town defines a true villa travel experience.
How to Spend Your Time
- Spoleto itself is rich with historic, cultural and artistic interest including Minimalist painter Sol Lewitt's studio; we can arrange a special private tour. Or simply enjoy hanging out with the locals. taking an afternoon passegiata and using the town as a base for getting to know Umbria.
- Montefalco, Spello, and Bevagna are key destinations for those interested in Umbrian cuisine full of creative experimentation and a young verve. If you like truffles, you must go to Norcia. Get to know the lentils of Castelluccio. Try La Crescionda, a sweet cookie with chocolate and Amaretto.
- We can arrange walking, biking and driving tours almost anywhere, including Spoleto, Perugia, Todi and Gubbio.
- A thirty-minute drive will take you up into the youthful capital, Perugia. Outlet shopping off the highways can make a day for serious bargain hunters. And the Perugina factory is an optional distraction for children.
- Explore the rustic countryside and historic villages of Gubbio, Montefalco and Todi where you’ll discover numerous Romanesque churches, palaces and medieval monuments.
- Umbria’s most famous town, Assisi, with its lovely churches and frescoes is best in the evening, with time for an aperitivo at Nun Relais.
- Celebrate with a sommelier to get to know the regions wines, right in the privacy of Casa Mahler.
- Deruta is Umbria's well-known capital of hand-painted pottery. We can arrange a DIY session - it is harder than it looks - or you can simply shop the showrooms of our preferred ateliers.
- Spoleto (shopping, markets, restaurants, parking, train) 3-15 minutes walk through town
- Foligno 15 minutes by train, 25 minutes by car
- Perugia, Bevagna, Montefalco, Amelia 30 minutes
- Todi, Assisi 45 minutes
- Spello 25 minutes by car or train
- Viterbo, Deruta, Solomeo 50 minutes
- Orvieto, Gubbio 1 hour
- Rome (historic center) 1-1/2 hours by car, 1-1/4 hours by train
- Florence (historic center or airport), Rome Airport 2 hours by car