Villa Sola Cabiati
- Near Tremezzo, Lake Como |
- 12 Guests |
- 6 Bedrooms |
- 6.5 Baths
Villa Sola Cabiati is entering another period in its storied life as arguably the most important of the Lake’s historic villas, under the discerning eye and exceptionally warm and friendly style of the DeSantis family of Grand Hotel Tremezzo fame. Within the still remarkable atmosphere of the villa,the family has added modern comforts to welcome you to an experience of today’s Lake Como.
The warm and welcoming atmosphere is met by superb 24/7 service and a willingness to ensure your comfort.
Having lunch served by the secluded pool area with dramatic mountain views.
Rosanna and staff will make you feel utterly at home under the frescoed ceilings.
The 16th century spears on the Entrance Hall table, used to combat an invasion by the Turks.
How to Spend Your Time
- Take full advantage of the private boat dock and enjoy private charter excursions to Varenna, Bellagio and other charming towns.
- Menaggio is home to one of Italy's most renowned golf courses, a challenging bit of sport with the benefit of majestic Lake views.
- Lugano is an easy day trip away for outlet shopping, family-friendly day on bikes or a quiet ride across their lake.
- Private guided tours of Villa Balbianello as well as Villa Melzi and Villa Carlotta are not to be overlooked during your stay.
- Extensive hiking trails ring Lake Como. Head off with Fiorella or another of our guides for an invigorating scenic walk.
- Milan is an accessible day-trip away for boutique or designer shopping, cultural tour to include the Duomo and DaVinci's Last Supper, an evening at La Scala.
- Tremezzo (shopping, ferry, restaurants); 5 minutes on foot
- Bellagio (shopping, restaurants) 15 minutes by boat, 30 minutes by car
- Menaggio (golf, shopping, restaurants) 20 minutes by car
- Como (Villa d'Este), Lugano 45 minutes by car
- Milan (airport) 1 1/4 hours
- Milan (center), Varese, Bergamo 1 1/2 hours
- St. Moritz 1 3/4 hours, 20 minutes by seaplane